The top 7 Reasons why NOW is the time to start your holiday gift shopping
Don’t let procrastination or FOMO (fear of missing out on the holiday music and festive scene at the mall) make you wait till November, or worse yet — after Thanksgiving, to start buying holiday gifts. Procrastination is never a good thing, but it can really bite you at holiday time. And, if you truly are afraid you’ll miss the holiday music, the crowds and the frenzy, you can always go to the mall with someone who hasn’t smartly finished their shopping like you.
- You’ll have plenty of time to be thoughtful and creative, and find the perfect gift for each person on your list. No rushing!
- No crowds = no stress. No stress = no losing patience and grabbing that one size too big sweater in desperation, just for the sake of getting the heck out of the mall.
- There are plenty of fall clearance sales to take advantage of.
- You can actually stick to your budget this year. You won’t be caught in the situation where you’ve run out of time and have to buy something, so you decide going $20 over budget won’t matter just this once. (It might not if it was really just once, but you know yourself, and that’ll be the case on most of your gifts.)
- Parking space selection is so much better. No swearing and gesturing when the other stressed-out shopper manages to slip into the space you’ve been not-so-patiently waiting for — with your blinker on, no less!
- Chances of getting an inexperienced, hired just-for-the-holidays store clerk are much lower. You know those poor souls, the ones who tensely try to smile and make the most of their plight while they void your sale for the second time and hope to get it right? They mumble to you, “third time’s the charm” while the lady behind you groans and the line grows. Fellow shoppers still smile and hold the door open at this time of year.
- You can sit back and relax with a hot Eggnog Latte or Peppermint Mocha and watch the holiday shopping craziness with a smug smile on your face, knowing your gift shopping mission is accomplished!
Do we have you convinced yet? Try shopping for holiday gifts early this year — we bet you’ll never go back to waiting till after Thanksgiving.